MCS Athletics Program
- Mount Carmel School’s (MCS) Athletics Program is one where each student athlete (Knight) achieves not only mental, emotional, social, and physical growth, but spiritual growth within an athletic environment that challenges and works to enhance the Knight’s overall academic enrichment.
- All students wishing to participate in the athletic program must understand that academics always comes first. Henceforth, participation in MCS athletic’s program is a privilege and is limited to those who maintain academic standards set by both MCS and other interscholastic sports governing bodies (COPSA, MISO, CFLA).
- MCS believes that athletics is an arena where student athletes can also learn to see through Christ’s Eyes.
- We hold true to the principle that winning isn't everything and that our work ethic, through our attitudes, and through our display of Catholic/Christian ideals is one way to truly honor God. Given the reality that and competitive aspects that naturally exist in athletics we believe our Knights stand to learn through leadership, to face adversity, to deal with disappointments and loss, to develop individual and team discipline, and to respect authority.
- Our Knights have the responsibility of representing not only themselves, but their family, their school, and most importantly their faith.